JourneyMap is distributed under an All Rights Reserved license. This means that you may not alter, host or distribute JourneyMap yourself.
What you CAN do¶
- Create a modpack containing JourneyMap, as long as JourneyMap is downloaded from CurseForge as part of the modpack installation or launch process. This includes modpacks hosted directly on CurseForge.
- If you’re using solder.io with Technic to allow each user to download the mod directly from CurseForge, you may also include JourneyMap. Just ensure that you’re following these directions.
- Interact and make use of our open-source projects on GitHub under the terms of the individual licenses of those projects.
- Decompile the mod for the purpose of inspecting how it works and what it does, under the relevant laws in the USA.
- Work with our mod contrary to this license when given explicit written permission to do so by techbrew.
What you CANNOT do¶
Modify the mod in any way, even for personal use.
Re-host, redistribute or bundle the mod in any way, including as part of a larger distribution such as a modpack. This includes Technic modpacks, which bundle all of the mods into a single zip file.
If you’re unhappy with the way Technic handles this, please feel free to drop a comment on this GitHub issue.
Decompile our mod or extract the contents of the JAR and make use of the code or assets therein for any purpose.
Extract code or assets from our otherwise open-source projects from the mod JAR and make use of them. The JAR itself is distributed under an All Rights Reserved license. If you want to work with our open-source projects, please find them on GitHub instead.
The following launchers are all explicitly approved for use with JourneyMap, providing they continue to meet the above licensing conditions.
- ATLauncher is granted direct link permission to include JourneyMap in both public and private modpacks.
- FeedTheBeast is granted permission to include JourneyMap in both public and private modpacks.
- MCUpdater is granted permission to link to JourneyMap on CurseForge in serverpack XML files.
- MultiMC is granted permission to install modpacks containing JourneyMap provided the modpacks are in CurseForge format and download JourneyMap from CurseForge.
- The Pixelmon Launcher is granted permission to link to JourneyMap on CurseForge in both public and private modpacks.
- The SKCraft launcher (or a fork, assuming it meets the above conditions) is granted permission to use the custom URL mechanism to link to JourneyMap on CurseForge in both public and private modpacks.
- The Technic launcher, provided the modpack is a Solder modpack set up by following these directions. You may not directly rehost JourneyMap using Solder, so make sure you follow the linked directions correctly.
- The Twitch client is granted permission to include JourneyMap in both public and private modpacks.
You don’t need to notify us if you make use of JourneyMap in your modpack, but we do like to hear from users that enjoy our work and it helps us to know how JourneyMap is being used. If you like, feel free to send a tweet to @JourneyMapMod with the name of your modpack and the launcher you’re using!
If you have any questions about our licensing (or wish to report a violation), please feel free to contact us directly on Discord.